Your membership dollars help the Historic East Village Neighborhood Association Board strive for its mission to:
- Promote the Historic East Village as Des Moines’ most vibrant and diverse district, boasting many of the finest shopping, dining, nightlife and commerce in Iowa.
- Drive more foot traffic to your business and the neighborhood.
- Beautify the neighborhood to create a fun and welcoming destination for you and your customers. Includes:
- Neighborhood signage
- Holiday lights and decorations (approximately $15,000 in annual costs)
- Encourage developers and the City of Des Moines to adopt progressive Walkability standards.
- Improve neighborhood safety, including advocating for stop signs and more visible crosswalks.
- Organize and promote the Annual Holiday Promenade.
Check out our East Village Bylaws here.
Meeting Times and Locations
HEV Neighborhood Association Board Meetings
Third Monday of the Month
Meeting at the Depot.
Economic Development Committee
Meets as needed, but typically third Tuesday of the Month
Meeting at the Depot.
Reorganizing – meeting TBD
Meets as needed
Meetings subject to change. Please reach out to email@example.com to confirm meeting time and location.
What has HEV been up to lately?
The HEV board works to enhance communication between area businesses, keep residents and business owners informed with a monthly newsletter and organizes great events such as Holiday Promenade and the East Village Spooky Paws Parade. Your contributions are vital to the success of Historic East Village. Please consider a tax-deductible donation (consult your tax advisory) or sponsorship today. Sign up to be a member of the Historic East Village today! For general inquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in becoming a board member? Download application here!
Our monthly Board of Directors Board Meeting and HEV Annual Meeting documents, including agendas, minutes and financial reports, are posted below for your review (PDF). We strive to have our agenda and related documents posted a week before our next meeting. Have a question? Please let us know at email@example.com or call (515) 661-4978.
HEV Board Members
- Teresa Adams-Tomka, Kitchen Collage
- Erich Brockman, Fontenelle Supply Co.
- Beth Gibbins, Marketing Co-Chair, East Village Resident
- Andy Haning-Brown, Membership Chair, All Spice
- Loyd Ogle, East Village Resident
- Abigail Paxton, Event Chair, Storehouse Bookpub
- Angela Poldberg, Marketing Co-Chair, MARNĒ
- Lynn Pritchard, 503 Cocktail Lab + Tasting Room