Your membership dollars help the Historic East Village Neighborhood Association Board strive for its mission to:
- Promote the Historic East Village as Des Moines’ most vibrant and diverse district, boasting many of the finest shopping, dining, nightlife and commerce in Iowa.
- Drive more foot traffic to your business and the neighborhood.
- Beautify the neighborhood to create a fun and welcoming destination for you and your customers. Includes:
- Neighborhood signage
- Holiday lights and decorations (approximately $15,000 in annual costs)
- Encourage developers and the City of Des Moines to adopt progressive Walkability standards.
- Improve neighborhood safety, including advocating for stop signs and more visible crosswalks.
- Organize and promote the Annual Holiday Promenade.
The HEV Board has identified key priorities to ensure this momentum continues in 2016:
- First Friday in the East Village – Join us for the region’s finest retail shopping experience every first Friday of the month from 5-8 pm.
- EV Social: Monthly social event launched in 2016 to bring residents, business owners and friends of the East Village together.
- EV Forum: Initiating a Quarterly educational forum open to all members.
- New website: Improving the experience for users and ensuring easy access to neighborhood information.
- Wayfinding: Installing a wayfinding kiosk at the corner of East Locust Street and East Fourth Street.
- Administrative Staff: Hiring administrative staff will allow us the ability to better meet the needs of our members.
- Branding and Marketing: Promoting the Neighborhood throughout Central Iowa.
- Grant Applications: Identifying key grants to continue improving the neighborhood.
Check out our East Village Bylaws here.
Meeting Times and Locations
Third Tuesday of the Month
2:00 – 3:00 pm
401 E Grand Ave, Des Moines, IA 50309
Economic Development Committee
Third Tuesday of the Month
Community Housing Initiative Offices
300 E Court Ave, Des Moines, IA 50309
HEV Neighborhood Association Board Meetings
Fourth Monday of the Month
Community Housing Initiatives Office
300 E. Court Ave
Des Moines IA 50309
Meetings subject to change. Please reach out to email@example.com to confirm meeting time and location.
2018-19 HEV Board Members
What has HEV been up to lately?
View our monthly HEV Board Meeting Packet, including agenda and minutes, here. The HEV board works to enhance communication between area businesses, keep residents and business owners informed with a monthly newsletter and organizes great events such as Holiday Promenade and the East Village Spooky Paws Parade. Your contributions are vital to the success of Historic East Village. Please consider a tax-deductible donation (consult your tax advisory) or sponsorship today. Sign up to be a member of the Historic East Village today! For general inquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in becoming a board member? Download application here!