Christensen Development saves local landmark from demolition.
Currently located at 709 East Locust Street at the western edge of the Iowa State Capitol grounds, the building will be moved to 425 East Grand Avenue. Built in 1880 by Samuel Green, Norden Hall was home to three Scandinavian community groups, including the Norden Singing Society, Danish Brotherhood, Danish Sisterhood. The building will receive a $1.2 million renovation at it’s new home (located in a city parking lot behind Lime, Buddies Corral and the Blazing Saddle).
The building move will occur in September. Christensen Development plans to lease the new space for a new restaurant.